Get a job.
Wax Trax is hiring!
Almost everyone has a passion for music, and many people collect vinyl, but that doesn't make you a Wax Trax staffer. Wax Trax is looking for someone who has been a major buyer for a major record store for years, handling any or all of the Big 3 record distributors and/or a One Stop. To be more specific, someone who has done this work for a minimum of 3 years. (See Experienced Buyer below)
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are looking for someone who has been a buyer for a major record store, handling any or all of the Big 3 record distributors and/or a One Stop. To be more specific, someone who has done this work for a minimum of 3 years. If you're out there, send us a resume! Compensation based on experience.
- Ability to lift heavy boxes of LPs
- Ability to be moving around on your feet all day, including doing lots of squats!
- Proficient with Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with and an aptitude for understanding databases
- 3 years or more experience as a buyer in a sizeable record store
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Emotionally intelligent
- Talks to strangers
- Physically fit
Extra credit for:
- Experience with point of sale systems, databases, and/or ecommerce websites
- Knowledge of and passion for music
- Any other experience in the music industry
- You don’t have to be in a band but it sure doesn’t hurt
Salary varies based on experience.
Send a resume and a cover letter with the word “resume” in the subject line to [email protected]. Please do NOT contact us by phone or in person regarding this position (unless we contact you first). It’s emails only to start the process.